CYBAEA is the “more than analytics” company that not only delivers the insights from your data but also helps you execute on that knowledge to drive the results that make a difference.
Analytics is not the goal. You may want to increase profits or revenues, treat your customers better, or improve people’s lives or their security. Whatever your goal is, it is our goal too, and we will work tirelessly with you to achieve your ambition, giving you all the support you need (and getting out of the way when you don’t need us).
Yes, we “do” Big Data, predictive models, customer segmentation, and all the other elements of data analysis and machine learning. We really understand data and what it can do; we can make your data talk. But we also understand business, making money and getting results, and we understand customers and how to treat them.
We know how to put it all together. The data, the business, the people. We know how to make it work, we understand how to get the results and how to sustain them.
Learn from us. We have decades of experience. Browse our site for thoughts, inspiration, white papers, and much more. Contact us and let us talk about the specific situation you face. Maybe a quick call or email can quickly set you on the right path.
What we do
The list below provides an overview of our main services. See also our Journal for our current thinking.
- The zero-investment option where you pay for the results in terms of actionable insights.
- We take an extract of your data (from you or working on your infrastructure) and return the insights and actions weekly, monthly, quarterly, or as needed.
- You benefit from economies of scale and access to the specialist skills you need, when you need it.
- Analytical Projects
- You have data and you have questions; we can help you not only answering those questions but also creating the right business actions.
- Above all we are pragmatic and commercially focused. We understand that your data isn’t perfect. There are gaps, errors, and delays. That’s OK. We can show you how to do more with what you already have. And we can help you prioritise the few enhancements that will really make a bottom-line impact, build the business case, and work with IT to deliver it in a practical and pragmatic way and to a reasonable time scale.
- You benefit from our deep commercial and technical expertise and for an established international resource pool (including offshore).
- Interim Management
- We have held interim management roles like Head of Customer Insights or Head of Base Management for large enterprises throughout Europe.
- We have taken commercial responsibility for delivering the results and have engaged in risk-reward models.
- We create new departments or we turn around existing organizations to deliver measurable commercial value.
- You benefit from access to highly skilled individuals for the time you need to execute the change, with guaranteed results and assurance of a complete handover to business-as-usual.
- Strategy and Change Management
- Management consulting and change management to help you turn into the commercially focused, data-centric company.
- We do not directly provide technology products and have no financial links with any of the vendors, but provide unbiased advice from decades of practical experience and a deep knowledge of the industry.
- Change is, or should be, a business-led initiative that aligns all the strands of Strategy, People, Process, Technology, Data, and Change Management to achieve lasting success.
- You benefit from access to decades of successful change management experience and proprietary methodologies to ensure you are successful.
- We provide training both directly and through our partners. Our training focuses on practical examples and emphasizes results over theoretical sophistication, and is intended for practitioners who need to deliver value to their organizations.
- Theory is covered sufficient to make sure students are on firm footing, but our courses are not geared to more theoretical students: Expect much hands-on work and comparatively few formulae.
- Industries: Telco, Insurance, and Marketing and Customer Insights for any B2C organization.
- Technologies covered are R and the ecosystem of products around it: SAP HANA, EMC Greenplum, Tibco, Oracle Big Data Appliance.
- You benefit from our practical experience and results-oriented approach to let you jump up the learning curve to deliver results fast.
Contact us now to see how we can help you achieve lasting success.
Recent articles on our Journal
If you had asked me two years ago if Microsoft was a serious vendor for data science and analytics infrastructure and tools, I would have laughed. At the time their offering seemed to me to consist of Excel against SQL Server. There is nothing really wrong (or exciting) about SQL Server, but friends don’t let friends use Excel for data analysis or indeed for anything that matters at all, so that whole proposition was a non-starter. But things have moved on, so how does Microsoft stack up now (mid-2016)? (You can skip right to our conclusions if you are impatient.)
We looked at a rule of thumb for confidence intervals and what that means for a business manager in our previous post. Now we do the maths, stats, and R code for the practitioner.
The 2016 conference on R in Insurance will be held on Monday 11 July 2016. This year we are back at Cass Business School in London, UK. This is the fourth time the conference is held and CYBAEA is proud to have sponsored all four conferences.
How many responses do you need in order to have an accurate measure of the Net Promoter Score? What is the confidence interval on your score? Do you really know if it has changed since last measure? If you are going to use the score for anything, you need to know the answers to these questions.
For the very impatient, a good rule of thumb is that with 1000 responses you (only) know your Net Promoter Score to within 10 points (±5) and it takes fully 100,000 responses to know the score to one point (±0.5).
I am excited to be giving the Analytics for Marketing online training course on 25-28 September 2012. Sign up before 25 August 2012 for the early bird discount.